Aerial Bunch Cable
Aerial Bunched Cables (ABC) are used for Over Head Power distribution. When compared to the conventional bare conductor over head distribution system. Aerial Bunched Cables provides higher safety and reliability. This system is ideal for rural distribution and specially attractive for installation in difficult terrains such as hilly, forest & coastal areas etc.Aerial Bunched Cables is also considered to be a better choice for power distribution in congested urban areas with narrow lanes and by – lanes.
- As replacement of bare lines in Rural Areas, in woods and in other localities & narrows streets where the space limited..
- As replacement of bare lines where reliability of supply is of prime importance..
- As replacement of bare lines where high degree of stability of supply voltage is of importance..
- In hilly terrains where cost of erection of overhead lines or under ground cable becomes very high.
- Cores being insulated, the chances of power thefts are eliminated..
- Safest system because phase conductors are insulated, no risk of danger of accidental touching live conductor..
- These are cheaper than power cables..
|Type & Size||Options||Cross Sectional View|
|1100 Volts, Polyethelene/ cross Linked polyethelene insulated cables with aluminum conductors twisted over central bare/ insulated alloy messenger wire IS – 14255- 1995/ BS-7870 (Part-V) 1999 Sizes : Phase conductor upto – 95 sq.mm Messenger conductor upto- 70 sqmm||Conductor – All Aluminum / alloy Insulation – Polythelene / cross linked polythelene|